In your role as a Manager, you will be responsible for
- Building effective working relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders through a balanced and open approach.
- Participating in a broad range of internal audit and risk advisory projects.
- Providing leadership to team members – sharing responsibility, developing and coaching junior staff, delegating to a team, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior management on progress.
- Collating observations, determining and agreeing resolutions and reporting on these for clients and other stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships within the team/business.
- Reviewing and submitting internal audit and management reports.
- Supporting the leadership team to oversee and streamline the team’s operations
- Liaising with the Recruitment Team and having active involvement in the recruitment activities for new staff.
About You Ideally you’ll have 6+ years of previous experience working for a blue chip, government or professional services organisation and bring
- Capability to identify and articulate principles that can underpin effective governance.
- Understanding of processes, risks and controls.
- Experience in internal audit, including compliance and performance/advisory focused reviews.
- Experience in risk assessment, mitigation and remediation.
- Capability to project manage engagements.
- Exceptional communication and report writing skills.
- Proven technical and analytical skills, backed by attention to detail and sound judgement.
- Strong capability to develop junior staff, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support.
- Ability to develop high quality work programs and lead fieldwork.
You will also ideally be Degree qualified within a relevant field. Professional accreditations and qualifications will also be considered favourably. It will be highly regarded that the candidate has demonstrated sector experience in Government and Power & Utilities. Candidates who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply. Timeframes and assistance We’re looking for people to start in July 2017. To assist you in your move, we’ll contribute towards your relocation in terms of financial assistance with airfares, shipping and temporary accommodation. About us EY is a global leading service provider for high quality and cost- effective innovative offerings in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world, to help create wider economic and social benefits today, and a strong legacy for a better tomorrow. Apply now Across every part of EY, we dig deeper in pursuit of better working. Does better begin with you? The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.© 2017 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Submission for the position: Advisory Risk Manager – Internal Audit – Darwin – (Job Number: DAR0000R).