- Challenging and exciting role within a supportive and successful team
- Global professional services consultancy firm
- Darwin, Northern Territories
It’s a great time to join Coffey. We’re now part of something bigger. We’ve joined Tetra Tech – a team of 16,000 people working in 400 locations across the globe.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a professional and service focused Assistant Project Manager to join our busy team based in Darwin, Northern Territories. As a valuable member of the Project Management team, you’ll undertake and assist with the supervised management of the planning, co-ordination and delivery of all aspects of a project to achieve client and project objectives.
A typical day includes:
- Supporting staff to manage project scope, time, cost, quality, communications, risk, procurement and integration to achieve client and project objectives;
- Providing assistance with leading and managing project stakeholders including the client, statutory authorities, consultants, contractors and end-users;
- Working with project teams to develop experience in the project management competency elements and application of project management knowledge;
- Supporting the delivery of different project types and industry sectors – both broad and specialized;
- Assisting with and support marketing and business development by developing internal and external relationships; and
- Undertaking project documentation management and administrative duties including preparation and issue of contract instructions and correspondence.
You’ll have relevant tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution and be a passionate and professional individual with a flexible, reliable and willing attitude to learn and grow through training and experience.
Your strong team focus, excellent interpersonal and communications skills will ensure your success in this role. You’ll have demonstrated ability to apply project management principles and processes to service delivery for low to medium complexity projects and a commitment to providing quality client service.
Experience in projects within a defence, government or related services environment will be highly regarded. Additionally, familiarity or experience with working in remote areas or the Northern Territories is also desirable.
We’re looking for someone to join our team ASAP so if this position sounds like you, please apply now!
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different – and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.