- Be a part of Australia’s independent national broadcaster
- $61K – $69K p.a. + choice of 15.4% super
- Alice Springs Location
- Working in isolated locations attracts allowances above the base salary rate
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation’s most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,500 employees from diverse backgrounds, based in more than 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains.
About ABC Regional
ABC Regional provides a national voice for the one third of Australians who live outside our capital cities. At a time when the regional presence of commercial media is shrinking, the ABC’s role is more important than ever. ABC Regional’s more than 400 staff prepare and present almost 1,000 hours of live local programming every week, while linking the stories, people and conversations of regional communities to local, national and international audiences through broadcast, online and mobile services.
About the Role
Are you a highly motivated content creating machine? Are you ready to experience one of Australia’s most famous outback towns, broadcast from the Rock, interview the winner of the Finke and burrow into the Beanie Festival?
Step into the Centre! Based in the heart of Central Australia, ABC Alice Springs is on the hunt for a Breakfast Producer to join their dedicated and experienced local team.
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff you will:
- produce the ABC Alice Springs Breakfast program
- work collaboratively to create content across platforms
- identify and deliver regional stories to both the local and the national audience
- work across radio, online and social media
- develop contacts and break stories
- work in the field and from the studio
- work to other programs and platforms as required
If you are highly motivated, a positive team member and a news hound then we want to hear from you.
Check us out on Facebook ABC Alice Springs
If you enjoy the chase, love telling local stories and are creative then this role is for you!
You will be working as part of the highly successful ABC Alice Springs team in a collaborative way under the direction of the Chief of Staff. You will need to be a highly motivated content maker and a positive team member with a good knowledge of local, national and international issues.
A self-starter you will:
- have a record of developing contacts and breaking stories
- be great at filing to social media and understand the needs of audiences in a multi-platform environment
- possess a great news sense
- have a collaborative and positive attitude to team work
- have experience working in a fast paced news/radio environment
You will need to be agile, know what’s happening in regional NT and be able to create an agenda setting program for the ABC Alice Springs audience.
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Breakfast Producer, Alice Springs – PD.pdf
Audition material must be submitted with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Richard Hind, Chief of Staff, ABC Alice Springs on (08) 8950 4732
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities and a gender-balanced workforce.