Desktop Support Engineer | Tamworth, NSW Australia Contract/Casual Work Week days, weekends and after hours work Autonomous and flexible work…
Company: Jav IT
Desktop Support Engineer | Tamworth, NSW Australia
- Contract/Casual Work
- Week days, weekends and after hours work
- Autonomous and flexible work schedule
JAV IT Group has been operating in Australia for 25 years. Our core business is to provide outsourcing solutions and resources on demand throughout Australia’s leading IT service provider companies. We are a Clarius Group (ASX: CND) subsidiary, a leading specialist provider of contracting and recruitment services across the Asia Pacific region.
JAV IT is looking for experienced Desktop Support Engineer available and interested to work on casual/adhoc contracts in Boggabri, Tamworth, NSW Australia. Our clients are seeking resourceful, motivated, reliable and skilled contractors.
Duties will include:
- Provide 1st and 2nd level onsite support for standard software and operating systems to PC, Laptop and Servers
- Installations and relocation of PC, Laptops, Monitors and printers
- Installation of operating systems and application software on server platforms based on client requirements
- Installation of peripheral network attached assets (e.g. printers, scanners & switches)
- Perform file backup and restore operations on servers in accordance with client instructions
- Break Fix issues in regards to cabling
- Installation and monitoring of antivirus solutions on PC and Laptops
- Physical installation of servers into rack units
- Ability to diagnose performance issues on Desktop systems
- Prepare and implement system and security patches
- Maintain technical documentation to required levels
- Pack and unpack the equipment onsite
- Perform Documentation and compliance procedures as requested
- Hands on experience with Network Operating Systems
- Experience with Desktop Operating System
- Knowledge of LAN’s at the infrastructure level
- Understanding of WAN’s concepts at the infrastructure level
- PC Hardware / Software experience
- Strong technical knowledge of SOE and SSCM Deployments
- Base technical knowledge of Windows 2003 Server
- Excellent technical knowledge of Windows XP and 7 desktop operating systems
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- ITIL foundations certificate or relevant exposure
- Desktop Operating System Concepts
- Application support and trouble-shooting methodologies
- Resilient and able to face and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to solve technical problems quickly and clearly to a customer via telephone or face to face.
- Reliable, confident and self-starter.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with clients and end-users is compulsory.
- Must be willing to comply with client procedures and accurately complete necessary documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload timeframes.
- Australian work rights.
- Current Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle as travel may be required
- Personal Protection Equipment such as (high visibility vest, steel capped boots, eye goggles).
What’s in it for you?
- Great opportunity to increase your IT experience by working for a large IT companies.
- Improve your customer service skills and grow your industry networks.
- Ongoing work opportunities through JAV IT.
- Autonomous and flexible work schedule.
If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for, please apply below.
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply as sponsorship visa is not provided.
Only successful candidates will be contacted