- Manage a team of hospitality professionals within the tavern and retail space
- 5 days on 2 days off DIDO opportunity
- Global market leader in remote mining accommodation and camp services
Compass Group are the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
ESS is the leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries. Our expertise includes catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics – to name a few. This is a great opportunity to join a successful, progressive organisation.
We currently have a full time opportunity available for experienced, hands on Tavern and Retail Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Project Management Team, you will lead your team through effective coaching, development and performance management to ensure ongoing business enhancement that maximising the customer experience, driving sales and delivering outstanding customer service.
- Leading a team to deliver high quality products and exceptional customer service
- Managing day-to-day operations in a busy Tavern environment
- Manage costs of goods, labour management, including rostering and profit margins
- Monitoring budgets, cash handling and reporting, ordering and stock rotation
- Maximise sales and profitability in both retail outlet and Tavern by soliciting, identifying and delivering on opportunities for growth
- Ensure WHS compliance across all areas including monitoring of Safe Workplace Procedures
- Ensuring HACCP process and procedures are met and maintained
- Implementing and maintaining food safety and responsible service of alcohol standards
- Enhancing workplace culture
- Bar/ Retail management experience, including rostering, budgets and performance management
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- A passion for hospitality with the ability to motivate and promote team members to achieve exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills with clients, customers and staff
- Strong Occupational Health and Safety focus and HACCP adherence
- Able to meet the physical demands of a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Possess a positive, `can-do` attitude
- Weekends, Public Holidays and night work will be a requirement of this position
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development opportunities; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.
So, if you are a `can-do` person, who thrives on new challenges, likes working in a team within a diverse environment and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you`ll fit right in and we`d like to have you on our team.
Join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and “can-do safely”. Click apply now.