The registered nurse is responsible for the provision of patient centred, evidence-based nursing care and is expected to embrace practice development…
Company: Southern NSW Local Health District
Location: South Coast NSW Region – Bega Valley – Bega NSW.
Salary: $30 – $42
The registered nurse is responsible for the provision of patient centred, evidence-based nursing care and is expected to embrace practice development principles in the delivery of that care.
Care will be provided in a quality framework and promote positive health outcomes. The nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and the multidisciplinary health care team using a contemporary practice model.
Care will be planned giving consideration to ethnicity, culture, gender, spiritual values, sexuality, age, disability and economic and social factors in consultation with the patient as all or any of these may impact on their health journey.
The nurse will work in a multidisciplinary team environment, show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of their care, inclusive of appropriate referral to, and in consultation with, other relevant health professionals, service providers, and community
The nurse will assist in the provision of supervision and support for less experienced clinicians or students. Will maintain their professional development and work within mandated directives, standards, policies and procedures of the Health Service.
1. Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
2. Demonstrated competencies in and knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in caring for patients with acute medical illnesses and conditions
3. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team in a rural health setting
4. Knowledge of and ability to work within a patient centred approach to nursing with a willingness to show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of care
5. Demonstrated commitment to professional development, evidence based practice and an understanding of recent contemporary changes in acute medical nursing
6. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of nursing scope of practice, delegation and supervision of self and others
7. Proven ability to recognise and manage determinants of patient safety and positively contribute to a culture of excellence in patient and carer experience
8. Demonstrated capacity in undertaking organisational quality and risk management activities contributing to but not limited to National accreditation and work health and safety